This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure and chest pain. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with advanced aortic stenosis.
IV- Initiate therapy at 50 mL/hr (5.0 mg/hr).
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of chest pain, heart failure, other heart problems, adrenal gland tumor, liver or kidney disease, low blood pressure, lung congestion, stroke, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Low blood pressure and fast heart rate.
• Body as a Whole : Fever and neck pain.
• Heart : Chest pain, block, ST segment depression, inverted T wave and deep-vein thrombophlebitis.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion.
• Blood : Reduced platelets count.
• Metabolic : Decrease in blood minerals and swelling in extremities.
• Central Nervous System : Confusion and increased muscle tone.
• Respiratory : Respiratory disorder.
• Eye and ENT : Eye inflammation, ear disorder and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25°C).
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...View All