This medication is an antiretroviral agent, prescribed for HIV/AIDS. It blocks a substance that is needed for the HIV virus to multiply.
♦ Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, and Co-administration with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, Alfuzosin, Amiodarone, Quinidine, Dihydroergotamine, Ergonovine, Ergotamine, Methylergonovine, Pimozide, Midazolam, Triazolam.
Adults: PO- The recommended dose is 1250 mg (five 250 mg tablets or two 625 mg tablets) twice daily or 750 mg (three 250 mg tablets) three times daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, liver disease, blood clot problems, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may increase/decrease body fat, monitor cholesterol level regularly while taking this medication.
• ♦ It does not stop the spread of HIV to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles, or injection supplies.
• Most Common:
Diarrhea, nausea, flatulence and rash.
• Body as a Whole: Abdominal pain, accidental injury, allergic reaction, weakness, back pain, fever, headache, malaise, pain and redistribution/accumulation of body fat
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite, indigestion, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, liver inflammation, mouth ulceration, inflammation of pancreas and vomiting.
• Blood: Anemia, decrease in white blood cell and platelet counts.
• Metabolic: Increased liver enzyme levels, increase or decrease in cholesterol/sugar/urea in blood, dehydration and abnormal liver function tests.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle/joint pain, joint inflammation and muscle cramps/pain/weakness.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, depression, dizziness, emotional lability, overactive, sleeplessness, migraine, tingling, epilepsy, sleep disorder, drowsiness and suicidal thoughts.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and inflammation of pharynx/nose/sinus.
• Skin: Skin inflammation/infections, rash, itching, sweating and hives.
• Eye and ENT : Eye inflammation.
• Genitourinary: Kidney stones, sexual dysfunction and urine abnormality.
Follow the instructions carefully.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15° to 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!