This medication is a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic, prescribed as a supplement to balanced anesthesia, for preoperative and postoperative analgesia, and for obstetrical analgesia during labor and delivery.
IV/IM/SC- The usual recommended adult dose is 10 mg for a 70 kg individual.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by healthcare provider into the vein, muscle or under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of breathing problems, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid, liver or kidney problems, heart attack, alcoholism, depression, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, head injury, brain growths, increased pressure in the head, seizures, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most common :
Increased sweating, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fainting, dry mouth, and headache.
• Central Nervous System : Nervousness, depression, restlessness, crying, elevated mood, floating, hostility, unusual dreams, confusion, faintness, hallucinations, anxiety, feeling of heaviness, numbness, tingling. .
• Heart : High blood pressure, low blood pressure and slow or fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Cramps, indigestion and bitter taste.
• Respiratory : Respiratory depression, difficulty in breathing and asthma.
• Skin : Itching, burning and hives.
• Miscellaneous : Speech difficulty, urinary urgency, blurred vision, flushing and warmth.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!