This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent(NSAIA), used to treat pain and inflammation associated with muscle, bone and joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It works by stopping the body's production of a substance that causes pain, fever, and inflammation.
Active peptic ulceration; severe liver impairment; patients in whom other NSAIDs or aspirin are likely to induce asthma, severe allergic reactions, pregnancy (3rd trimester), nursing mothers, perioperative pain during heart bypass (CABG).
Adult: Oral- 1 g as a single dose in the evening, followed by 0.5-1 g in the morning if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of pre-existing cardiovascular risk factors or disease; fluid retention, high blood pressure, digestive tract ulcers, elderly or debilitated patients, other forms of asthma, liver disease.
• It could cause heart attack and stroke especially in patients already at a risk.
• Closely monitor patients with any abnormal liver function test, and kidney disease. Withhold for at least 4-6 half-lives prior to surgical or dental procedures.
• Most Common:
Diarrhea, dyspepsia, and abdominal pain.
• Gastrointestinal: Gastritis, gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding, Constipation, flatulence, nausea, , dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing , mouth ulcer, vomiting, altered appetite, liver function abnormalities including liver failure.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, headache, fatigue, increased sweating, sleeplessness, nervousness, drowsiness, weakness, agitation, anxiety, confusion, depression, tingling, tremor, fainting.
• Skin: Mild to severe allergic reactions, increased sensitivity to light.
• Heart: Inflammation of blood vessels. It could increase the incidence of heart attack and stroke.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, lung inflammation.
• Genitourinary: Decrease in kidney function, , kidney failure, vaginal bleeding.
• Eye and ENT: Ringing in the ear, abnormal vision.
• Blood: Decrease in platelets.
• Metabolic: Weight gain.
• Miscellaneous: Swelling of the leg.
• Hypersensitivity: Serious allergic reactions which lead to death.
Do not take aspirin while using this medication.
Oral: Store it at room temperature (20-25°C). Store it in an airtight container, and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Steroids are miracle drugs but have to be used with caution. Some steroids are illegal to use, ...
Abruptio placenta is a serious but rare complication of pregnancy where a separation of placenta ...
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...View All