This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent(NSAIA), used to treat pain and inflammation associated with muscle, bone and joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It works by stopping the body's production of a substance that causes pain, fever, and inflammation.
Active peptic ulceration; severe liver impairment; patients in whom other NSAIDs or aspirin are likely to induce asthma, severe allergic reactions, pregnancy (3rd trimester), nursing mothers, perioperative pain during heart bypass (CABG).
Adult: Oral- 1 g as a single dose in the evening, followed by 0.5-1 g in the morning if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of pre-existing cardiovascular risk factors or disease; fluid retention, high blood pressure, digestive tract ulcers, elderly or debilitated patients, other forms of asthma, liver disease.
• It could cause heart attack and stroke especially in patients already at a risk.
• Closely monitor patients with any abnormal liver function test, and kidney disease. Withhold for at least 4-6 half-lives prior to surgical or dental procedures.
• Most Common:
Diarrhea, dyspepsia, and abdominal pain.
• Gastrointestinal: Gastritis, gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding, Constipation, flatulence, nausea, , dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing , mouth ulcer, vomiting, altered appetite, liver function abnormalities including liver failure.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, headache, fatigue, increased sweating, sleeplessness, nervousness, drowsiness, weakness, agitation, anxiety, confusion, depression, tingling, tremor, fainting.
• Skin: Mild to severe allergic reactions, increased sensitivity to light.
• Heart: Inflammation of blood vessels. It could increase the incidence of heart attack and stroke.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, lung inflammation.
• Genitourinary: Decrease in kidney function, , kidney failure, vaginal bleeding.
• Eye and ENT: Ringing in the ear, abnormal vision.
• Blood: Decrease in platelets.
• Metabolic: Weight gain.
• Miscellaneous: Swelling of the leg.
• Hypersensitivity: Serious allergic reactions which lead to death.
Do not take aspirin while using this medication.
Oral: Store it at room temperature (20-25°C). Store it in an airtight container, and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
A lump in the armpit can be due to a benign infection, allergy or fatty tissue growth. It is ...
Fennel seeds are a must-have in almost every Indian kitchen due to its health quotient. Here are a ...
True vertigo is a severe form of dizziness that is a movement hallucination. Try out some of these ...View All