This medication is a topical corticosteroid, prescribed for treatment of inflammatory skin disorders (such as eczema and psoriasis), allergic rhinitis (such as hay fever), and asthma. Nasal spray is used for seasonal allergies like runny nose. It reduces inflammatory reactions and modifies immune reactions in the body.
Adult: Topical Corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses as 0.1% cream/ointment/lotion: Apply as directed by your physician.
Nasal Spray: two sprays (50 mcg of mometasone furoate in each spray) in each nostril once daily (total daily dose of 200 mcg).
Apply a small amount of Cream to the affected area once a day.
• Discontinue if irritation or sensitization occurs.
• Systemic absorption increases when area of application is extensive or an occlusive dressing is used.
• Caution needed during pregnancy and breastfeeding, in patients with history of diabetes, hepatic and renal diseases, myasthenia gravis, heart disease, ocular diseases, osteoporosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and history of seizure disorders.
• It requires dosage adjustments with thyroid status. Monitor growth of children.
• Most Common:
Burning, flushing, itching, redness, second infection, skin thinning and discoloration, swelling, tingling/stinging, wasting of the skin.
• Severe allergic reactions: Rash, hives, itching, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
• Nasal Spray: Headache, Viral infection, inflammation of pharynx, cough, upper respiratory tract infection, painful menstruation, vomiting, sinusitis.
Use only in particular areas recommended by your healthcare provider.
Cream: Store at 2-25°C. Lotion: Store at 2-30°C. Ointment: Store at 15-30°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!