This medication is an antineoplastic agent, prescribed for metastatic breast cancer, acute myeloid leukemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. It works by stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Adult- IV- The recommended dose is 10-12 mg/m2.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of chickenpox, herpes, bone marrow depression, liver problems, heart problems, gout, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising and injury.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, liver function tests, blood chemistry, pregnancy tests, uric acid levels, and heart function regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Most Common : Nausea, hair loss, menstrual disorder, absence of menstrual period, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, mouth ulcer, abnormal heart rhythm, diarrhea, ECG abnormal, constipation, back pain and headache.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15°-25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!