This medication is a catecholamine synthesis inhibitor, prescribed for pheochromocytoma. It reduces the amount of catecholamines in the body.
PO- Adults- The recommended initial dose is 250 mg orally four times daily. Maximum: 4.0 g/day.
It comes as a capsule to take mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of alcoholism, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• It should not be used for essential hypertension and in children less than 12 years old.
• Most Common :
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, mental disturbance, drowsiness.
• Miscellaneous : Breast swelling, spontaneous milk secretion, nasal stuffiness, decreased salivation, dry mouth, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature between 20 and 25°C. away from heat, moisture, and light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!