This medication is an antibacterial agent, prescribed for trichomoniasis, amebiasis and other bacterial infections. It fights against bacteria in the body.
PO- One-day treatment - two grams of flagyl, given either as a single dose or in two divided doses of one gram each given in the same day.
Seven-day course of treatmentï¿½250 mg three times daily for seven consecutive days.
Vaginal Gel- one applicator is administered intravaginally once a day for 5 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as vaginal gel, to be introduced into the vagina.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve, brain, Crohnï¿½s disease, liver impairment, seizures, heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Most common :
Headache, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramping.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Heart : ECG changes.
• Central Nervous System : Brain disease, seizures, eye nerve problems, dizziness, unsteadiness, in coordination, confusion, irritability, depression, weakness and sleeplessness.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, skin death, flushing, nasal congestion, dryness of the mouth and fever.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination, bladder inflammation, adequate urination and incontinence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store this medication at room temperature, out of reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!