This medication is an antibacterial agent, prescribed for trichomoniasis, amebiasis and other bacterial infections. It fights against bacteria in the body.
PO- One-day treatment - two grams of flagyl, given either as a single dose or in two divided doses of one gram each given in the same day.
Seven-day course of treatmentï¿½250 mg three times daily for seven consecutive days.
Vaginal Gel- one applicator is administered intravaginally once a day for 5 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. It also comes as vaginal gel, to be introduced into the vagina.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve, brain, Crohnï¿½s disease, liver impairment, seizures, heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Most common :
Headache, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramping.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Heart : ECG changes.
• Central Nervous System : Brain disease, seizures, eye nerve problems, dizziness, unsteadiness, in coordination, confusion, irritability, depression, weakness and sleeplessness.
• Hypersensitivity : Hives, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, skin death, flushing, nasal congestion, dryness of the mouth and fever.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination, bladder inflammation, adequate urination and incontinence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store this medication at room temperature, out of reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Encephalocele is a birth defect where a sac like protrusion of brain and covering membranes occurs ...
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease of infancy is seen in premature and low birth ...
Ear, nose and throat are important organs and disease in one area can affect the others. ENT ...View All