Oil of wintergreen
• Methyl salicylate is used as an analgesic / painkiller in treating the joint pain and muscle pain.
Methyl salicylate is used as a local painkiller to treat minor joint and muscle pain.
• Methyl salicylate is contraindicated in patients allergic to it or to aspirin.
• Methyl salicylate is available as several topical preparations like a gel, lotion, cream, ointment, oil or spray.
• It should be gently applied over the painful area.
• Methyl salicylate should be applied to the affected area up to a maximum of four times a day.
• Do not cover the skin with a bandage or heating pad after applying for the medicine.
• Do not use it on broken skin.
• Keep it away from your eyes.
• Do not get the medication on contact lens or dentures.
• Skin: Burning, swelling, blisters, mild cold sensation
• Do not apply to irritated skin.
• Do not use heat on the treated skin
• Do not apply on mucous membranes
• Do not apply for the medicine right after a bath.
• Wash the medicine off in case of an allergic reaction and consult your doctor immediately.
• Avoid in patients on blood thinners like warfarin due to a possible increased risk of bleeding.
• The drug should be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!