This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic skin disorders. It blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Contraindicated in patients with urinary obstruction, stomach obstruction, increased eye pressure, and newborns.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 8-16 mg twice daily.
It comes as a tablet and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of ulcer, epilepsy, severe heart disease, enlarged prostate, asthma, lung infection, kidney or liver impairment, Parkinson’s disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, CNS depression, headache, tremor, giddiness and paradoxical excitation (children).
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, constipation, and gastrointestinal disturbances.
• Eye : Blurred vision, and sensitivity to light.
• Heart : Slow or fast heart beat, abnormal heart rhythm and low blood pressure.
• Genitourinary : Urinary retention and menstrual disorders.
• Miscellaneous : Blood dyscrasis, jaundice, and asthma.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!