This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for dysmenorrhea and other pain. It decreases inflammation and uterine contractions.
Contraindicated in patients who have experienced asthma, hives, allergic reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, peri-operative pain, ulcer, kidney disease and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 500 mg as an initial dose followed by 250 mg every 6 hours as needed.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding or clotting problems, heart disease, dehydration, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with stomach ulcer or bleeding, so avoid long-term use of this medication.
• Avoid taking aspirin with this medication.
• Monitor kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence, gross bleeding/perforation, gastric/peptic ulcers, heartburn, nausea, mouth ulcer, GI ulcers, vomiting, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, and blood vomiting.
• Body as a whole : Fever, infection and sepsis.
• Heart : Heart failure, high blood pressure, fast heart rate and fainting.
• Liver : Liver inflammation and jaundice.
• Blood : Eosinophilia, decrease in white blood cells, bruising, blood in stool and rectal bleeding.
• Metabolic : Weight changes.
• Central Nervous system : Anxiety, weakness, confusion, depression, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness, uneasiness, headache, nervousness, tingling and tremors.
• Respiratory : Asthma and difficulty in breathing.
• Skin : Hair loss, sensitivity to light, itching and increased sweating.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Bladder inflammation, painful urination, blood in urine and kidney failure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20- 25°C).