This medication is recombinant human insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-I), prescribed for growth failure in children with severe primary IGF-1 deficiency, and growth hormone (GH) gene deletion who have developed neutralizing antibodies to GH.
Contraindicated in the presence of active or suspected malignancy, closed epiphyses, and known hypersensitivity.
SC- The recommended starting dose is 0.04 to 0.08 mg/kg (40 to 80 micrograms/kg) twice daily.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• It should not be administered intravenously.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, decreased blood sugar, stroke, femoral epiphysis, over growth of tissues, liver or kidney impairment, preexisting scoliosis, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common :
Decreased blood sugar, allergic reactions, stroke, tonsils growth.
• General : Lump under the skin, bruising.
• Infection : Ear infection.
• Respiratory : Snoring.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness and convulsions.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting.
• ENT : Hearing sensitivity, fluid in middle ear, ear pain, abnormal tumor in the middle ear.
• Heart : Heart murmur.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, pain in extremity.
• Blood : Thymus hypertrophy.
♦• Skin:Hair loss.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.