This medication is an antidepressant, prescribed for depression and anxiety. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain that are needed to maintain mental balance.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, urinary retention, convulsive disorder, heart attack, co-administration with MAO inhibitor or within 14 days of treatment with MAOIs, children and hypersensitivity.
Adults: The recommended initial dose is 75 mg daily in 2 or 3 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, enlarged prostate, difficulty in urinating, seizures, brain tumor, head injury, overactive thyroid, liver, kidney or heart disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may increase suicidal tendency in children and teenagers, if so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid becoming overheated, otherwise it may cause heatstroke.
• Patient may develop with involuntary movements; inform your doctor immediately if it so.
• Most Common :
Dry mouth, daytime sleeping, vertigo, blurred vision, constipation, headache and nervousness.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue and drowsiness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Heart : Irregular heart rate.
• Genitourinary : Difficulty in urination, frequent urination and changes in sex drive.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, chills, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, blurred vision, difficulty in breathing and excessive sweating.
Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All