This medication is a contrast agent, used for diagnostic purposes. It helps in providing a clear picture during MRI.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment, obstructive hepatobiliary disease, pregnancy and lactation; hypersensitivity.
Dosage for adults- The recommended dose is 0.5-ml/kg bodyweight (5 μmol/kg bodyweight).
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of poor immunity, stomach problem, nausea, vomiting and any allergy.
• Most Common :
Warmth/flushing, headache and nausea.
• Immune system disorders : Hypersensitivity reactions (such as skin reactions, nose inflammation, pharynx inflammation, shock).
• Central Nervous system : Headache, dizziness, tingling, transient perverted sensation of taste.
• Eye : Visual disturbances.
• Heart : Palpitation, blood disorders, high blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence.
• General : Flushing, feeling hot, fever, injection site pain, chest pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...
Stereotypic movement disorder (SMD) is a motor disorder, associated with neurodevelopmental ...View All