This medication is a contrast agent, used for diagnostic purposes. It helps in providing a clear picture during MRI.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment, obstructive hepatobiliary disease, pregnancy and lactation; hypersensitivity.
Dosage for adults- The recommended dose is 0.5-ml/kg bodyweight (5 μmol/kg bodyweight).
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of poor immunity, stomach problem, nausea, vomiting and any allergy.
• Most Common :
Warmth/flushing, headache and nausea.
• Immune system disorders : Hypersensitivity reactions (such as skin reactions, nose inflammation, pharynx inflammation, shock).
• Central Nervous system : Headache, dizziness, tingling, transient perverted sensation of taste.
• Eye : Visual disturbances.
• Heart : Palpitation, blood disorders, high blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence.
• General : Flushing, feeling hot, fever, injection site pain, chest pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!