This medication is a diagnostic radiopaque medium, prescribed for radiographic examination of the heart chambers and thoracic veins and arteries in children.
Older Children: The recommended single dose is 30-45 mL.
Infants and Young Children: The recommended single dose is about 1.5 mL/kg (range 1 mL/kg to 2 mL/kg).
Test dose is about 4 mL/kg.
• It is injected into the vein by using seperate intravenous line which should be given by the medical personnel.
• The temperature of loxaglate should be closer or equal to body temperature while administering.
• Analgesic or tranquiliser drugs can be given prior administering loxaglate.
• If any allergic reaction occurs the injection has to be stopped.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with kidney disease, heart disease, sickle cell anemia, thyroid disease, pulmonary hypertension, hypertension, cervical or tubal carcinoma, and any allergy.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of cardiac arrest, convulsions, stroke, coma, paralysis, kidney failure; monitor vital signs and symptoms regularly while using this medication and immediately contact your healthcare provider if anyone of these conditions occurs.
• Serious Effects :
Death, cardiac arrest, convulsions, stroke, coma, paralysis, kidney failure.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, shock, chest pain, heart attack, abnormal hart rhythm, and cardiac arrest.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store below (30Â°C). Do not freeze and protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!