This medication is an opioid analgesic, prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It acts on brain and spinal cord to decrease the pain feeling.
IV- The recommended starting dose is up to 1 mg, given in divided doses, by slow injection.
IM/SC- The recommended starting dose is 1 to 2 mg.
PO- The recommended starting dose is 2 mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein, muscle or under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, alcoholism, lung or thyroid disease, heart disease, prostate enlargement, urinary problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise patient may get addicted to this drug.
• Body as a Whole :
Abdominal pain, dry mouth and increased sweating.
• Heart : Shock, low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, slow/fast heart rate and palpitations.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting and indigestion.
• Central Nervous System : Coma, suicide attempt, convulsions, depression, dizziness, confusion, lethargy, abnormal dreams, abnormal thinking, nervousness, drug withdrawal, memory loss and sleeplessness.
• Respiratory : Shortness of breath and bluish.
• Skin : Itching, hives, rash and injection site reaction.
• Eye : Abnormal and double vision.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure, urinary retention and difficulty in urinating.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All