This medication is a protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, prescribed for metastatic breast cancer with other medications. It helps stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
PO- The recommended dose is 1,250 mg (5 tablets) given orally once daily on days 1-21 continuously in combination with capecitabine 2,000 mg/m2/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, at least one hour before, or one hour after food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, lung, heart disease, irregular heartbeat, low blood electrolyte levels, bone marrow depression, any allergy, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor liver function, heart function, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Diarrhea, mouth ulcer, indigestion, nausea and vomiting.
• Skin : Rash, dry skin, hand and foot syndrome.
• Musculoskeletal : Pain in extremities and back pain.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25ï¿½C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!