This medication is a hydrochloride salt, used as an anesthetic. It works in the brain to inhibit painful sensations.
Contraindicated in patients with high blood pressure and hypersensitivity.
Adult: IV- 1-4.5 mg/kg as inj or infuse 1-2 mg/kg at 0.5 mg/kg/min. IM- 6.5-13 mg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of trauma or injury, stroke, increased spinal fluid pressure, increased eye pressure, eye injury, heart diseases, uncontrolled high blood pressure, mental disorders or thyroid problems, any allergy, who is taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System:
Vivid dreams, hallucinations, confusion, irrational behavior and increased muscle tone.
• Heart: High blood pressure, fast/low heart rate and abnormal heart rhythm.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting and increased saliva.
• Respiratory: Respiratory depression.
• Eye: Night blindness and increased eye pressure/tears.
• Skin: Rash and pain at injection site.
♦ • Genitourinary: Urinary bladder inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Injection: Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C).