This medication is an iron preparation, prescribed for iron deficiency anemia.
Dose is based on patient’s condition.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth either during or immediately after meal. It also available in injection forms.
• Iron - III Hydroxide Polymaltose Complex may be mixed with vegetable or fruit juice if required.
• Treatment should be continued for minimum 1 or 2 months.
• Further therapy depends upon the degree of iron deficiency.
• Do not stop taking unless otherwise advised by the physician.
Stomach upset, nausea, constipation and diarrhea.
• Do not take oral and injections forms together
• Oral therapy should be started after 1 week of parenteral therapy to avoid iron poisoning
• Injection into the vein should be done only when intramuscular route is not possible or when no iron stores in the bone marrow
• CPR facilities should be made available while patient is on parenteral therapy
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All