This medication is a nonionic, water-soluble, triiodinated x-ray contrast agent, prescribed for cerebral arteriography, excretory urography and Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomographic (CECT) imaging of the head and body.
Not for intrathecal use.
Intra-Arterial: (350 mgl/mL)-
Left and Right Coronary: 2mLto10mL (0.7 to 3.5 gl)
Left Ventricle: 25 mL to 50 mL (8.75 to 17.5 gl)
Intravenous: (300 mgl/mL or 350 mgl/mL)
CECTof the Head: The usual dose is 100 mL to 200 mL (30 to 60 gl)
CECTof the Body: The usual dose is 50 mL to 200 mL (15 to 60 gl)
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or artery.
• Body As A Whole : Headache, fever, blood clot at injection site, chills, allergic reaction, weakness, chest and back pain, swelling of the neck and face, pain, swelling in the extremities.
• Heart : Chest pain, high or low blood pressure, slow heart rate, abnormal heart rhythm, fainting, fast heart rate, and dilatation of blood vessels.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion, difficulty in swallowing, gastrointestinal bleeding, ileus, liver failure.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness, tingling, night blindness, fainting, decreased muscle tone.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, inflammation of pharynx, nose inflammation.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, eye inflammation, taste perversion.
• Genitourinary : Absence of urination, painful urination, blood in urine, infection of urinary tract, and , kidney failure.
• Skin : Itching, increased sweating, hives and rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at room temperature between 15°and30°C.