This medication is a corticosteroid, prescribed for severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis and skin conditions. It is also used to treat certain types of cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with systemic fungal infection, who are taking mifepristone and hypersensitivity.
IV- The recommended dose is 20mg per day.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney, intestinal, or heart disease, diabetes, underactive thyroid gland, high blood pressure, mental illness, myasthenia gravis, osteoporosis, herpes eye infection, seizures, tuberculosis (TB), ulcers, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• It may cause unusual changes in vision; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• It may affect blood sugar; monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances :
Sodium retention, fluid retention, heart failure, high blood pressure and potassium loss.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle weakness, loss of muscle mass, joint inflammation, vertebral compression fractures and cell death in thighbone.
• Gastrointestinal : Peptic ulcer, stomach bleeding, abdominal distention and ulcerative esophagus.
• Skin : Impaired wound healing, facial redness and increased sweating.
• Central Nervous System : Convulsions, stroke, vertigo and headache.
• Genitourinary : Menstrual irregularities, development of Cushingoid state and suppression of growth in pediatric patients.
• Eye : Increased eye pressure and protruding eyeball.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Keep this medication out of the reach of children. Store it according to the package directions.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!