This combination medication contains potassium-sparing diuretic and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for essential hypertension and fluid retention caused by various conditions, including heart disease.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria, acute kidney impairment and hypersensitivity.
Po- The recommended dose is 100mg (Hydrochlorothiazide 100mg and Spironolactone 100mg) in a single dose or in divided dose.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with diabetes, gout, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, lung function, blood pressure, blood electrolytes and fasting blood glucose levels regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a whole :
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas, jaundice, diarrhea, vomiting, cramping, constipation, gastric irritation, nausea and loss of appetite.
• Blood : Anemia and decrease in white blood cells/platelets.
• Hypersensitivity : Shock, respiratory distress including lung inflammation/swelling, photosensitivity, fever, hives, rash and bruising.
• Metabolic : Electrolyte imbalance.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasm.
• Central Nervous system : Vertigo, tingling, dizziness, headache and restlessness.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure.
• Skin : Redness and itching.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!