This combination medication contains potassium-sparing diuretic and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for essential hypertension and fluid retention caused by various conditions, including heart disease.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria, acute kidney impairment and hypersensitivity.
Po- The recommended dose is 100mg (Hydrochlorothiazide 100mg and Spironolactone 100mg) in a single dose or in divided dose.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with diabetes, gout, kidney or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, lung function, blood pressure, blood electrolytes and fasting blood glucose levels regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a whole :
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Inflammation of pancreas, jaundice, diarrhea, vomiting, cramping, constipation, gastric irritation, nausea and loss of appetite.
• Blood : Anemia and decrease in white blood cells/platelets.
• Hypersensitivity : Shock, respiratory distress including lung inflammation/swelling, photosensitivity, fever, hives, rash and bruising.
• Metabolic : Electrolyte imbalance.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasm.
• Central Nervous system : Vertigo, tingling, dizziness, headache and restlessness.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure.
• Skin : Redness and itching.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...
Hay fever is caused by allergy to pollen and is characterized by runny or blocked nose, sneezing, ...View All