This medication is an alpha agonist, prescribed for high blood pressure. It relaxes blood vessels and decreases blood pressure.
Initial dose: 4 mg orally twice a day.
Maintenance dose: 4 to 8 mg orally twice a day. The maximum dose is 32 mg twice a day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver impairment, blood disorder porphyria, blood vessel disease affecting the brain, heart problems, stroke, recent heart attack, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, headache, decreased sexual ability, stomach upset.
• Miscellaneous : Fainting, increased or decreased heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, swollen ankles or feet.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!