This medication is an antirheumatic agent, prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis.
Contraindicated in patients with severe metal toxicity, lupus erythematosus, and hypersensitivity.
1st Injection- 10mg.
2nd Injection- 25mg.
3rd Injection- 25 to 50mg.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, heart failure, circulation disorders, high blood pressure, liver or kidney impairment, recently had radiation therapy, skin disorder, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Skin :
Skin inflammation, itching, gray-blue skin pigmentation.
• Eye and ENT : Mouth ulcer, corneal gold deposition, corneal ulceration, eye inflammation, metallic taste.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea, jaundice, ulcer, GI bleeding, difficulty in swallowing, abdominal pain and cramping.
• Genitourinary : Protein in the urine and blood in urine.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Respiratory : Lung inflammation and infection.
• Miscellaneous : Shock.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20° to 25°C. Protect from light.