Information about Glyceryl Trinitrate
Generic Name : Glyceryl Trinitrate
Up-to-date prescription details regarding Glyceryl Trinitrate are provided here.
Understand it's uses, recommended dosages, its indications, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its and its storage instructions.
You will also find a list of the medication's International and Indian brand or trade names, as well as its pricing information. For verification of the information presented on this page or for additional clarifications, it's advisable to consult your doctor.
ICD Code : Y52.3
Therapeutic Classification : Vasodilators
Trade Names/Brand Names of Glyceryl Trinitrate
Dilatrate-SR, IMDUR, ISDN Isordil,Tembids, Monoket, Nitrocot Nitroglyn E-R, Nitro-par, Nitro-time, Sorbitrate, Apo-ISDN, Cedocard-SR, Coradur, Coronex, Isordil, Titradose
Why is Glyceryl Trinitrate Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is an organic nitrate, prescribed for angina and heart failure. It relaxes blood vessels and helps the heart in pumping the blood easily.
When should Glyceryl Trinitrate not be taken? (Contraindications)
What is the dosage of Glyceryl Trinitrate?
Adult- PO- The recommended initial dose is 0.2 mg/hour to 0.4 mg/hour. It may be increased up to 0.4 mg to 0.8 mg/hour for 10 to 12 hours daily for at least 1 month.
How should Glyceryl Trinitrate be taken?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, to be placed under the tongue.
It also comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
What are the warnings and precautions for Glyceryl Trinitrate?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, underactive thyroid, malnutrition, chills, stroke, lung disease, increased eye pressure, mitral valve prolapse, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal in patients who have received prolonged high dose infusions.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
What are the side effects of Glyceryl Trinitrate?
• Most Common : Facial flushing, dizziness, fast heart rate, headache and tolerance.
Large doses can cause vomiting, restlessness, low blood pressure and fainting.
What are the other precautions for Glyceryl Trinitrate?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Glyceryl Trinitrate?
Store it at room temperature.
Last Updated : August 11, 2022