This medication is a nitrogen-binding agent, prescribed for the treatment of Urea Cycle Disorders (UCD) in pediatric patients more than 2 years old and adults.
It should not be administered to children less than 2 years old and patients with known hypersensitivity.
The recommended total daily dosage is given in 3 equally divided dosages, rounded upto nearest 0.5 mL. The maximum total daily dosage is 17.5 mL (19 g).
It comes as oral liquid to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, bowel (intestine) problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop neurotoxicity, if it is so reduce the dosage.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, flatulence and headache.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, indigestion, nausea, vomiting.
• General : Fatigue.
• Metabolic : Increased ammonia levels, decreased appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in controlled room temperature (20°C to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Body wraps is an all natural remedy to slenderizing & contouring your body that not just hydrate ...
Eat more potassium rich foods and lower your risk for high blood pressure and kidney stones. ...
Wet dreams or nightfall is the involuntary ejaculation occurring during sleep. It is fairly common ...View All