This medication is a nitrogen-binding agent, prescribed for the treatment of Urea Cycle Disorders (UCD) in pediatric patients more than 2 years old and adults.
It should not be administered to children less than 2 years old and patients with known hypersensitivity.
The recommended total daily dosage is given in 3 equally divided dosages, rounded upto nearest 0.5 mL. The maximum total daily dosage is 17.5 mL (19 g).
It comes as oral liquid to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, bowel (intestine) problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop neurotoxicity, if it is so reduce the dosage.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, flatulence and headache.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, indigestion, nausea, vomiting.
• General : Fatigue.
• Metabolic : Increased ammonia levels, decreased appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in controlled room temperature (20°C to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!