This medication contains sulfonylurea and biguanide antidiabetic combination, prescribed for type 2 diabetes.
Contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disease, chronic metabolic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Per tab contains glibenclamide 1.25 mg and metformin 250 mg. As initial therapy: Start with 1 tab 1-2 times/day. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart attack, heart, pituitary, or thyroid disease; adrenal insufficiency, stomach problem, infection, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, chronic metabolic acidosis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• During hot season this medication may lead to dehydration; to avoid this problem drink adequate fluid.
• Monitor kidney and liver function, fasting blood glucose, hemoglobin A1c, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Extreme caution needed in children less than 6 years old.
Low blood sugar, upper respiratory tract infection, diarrhea, headache, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain and dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...
Water is essential to balance body fluids, boost brain function, improve digestion, prevent ...
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...View All