This medication contains sulfonylurea and biguanide antidiabetic combination, prescribed for type 2 diabetes.
Contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disease, chronic metabolic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis, with or without coma, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Per tab contains glibenclamide 1.25 mg and metformin 250 mg. As initial therapy: Start with 1 tab 1-2 times/day. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart attack, heart, pituitary, or thyroid disease; adrenal insufficiency, stomach problem, infection, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, chronic metabolic acidosis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• During hot season this medication may lead to dehydration; to avoid this problem drink adequate fluid.
• Monitor kidney and liver function, fasting blood glucose, hemoglobin A1c, and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Extreme caution needed in children less than 6 years old.
Low blood sugar, upper respiratory tract infection, diarrhea, headache, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain and dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All