This combination medication contains diuretics, prescribed for congestive heart failure and fluid retention.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, anuria, low volume of fluid in the blood, low level of blood minerals, low blood pressure, kidney failure, Addison's disease, children, and lactation.
Adult: PO- Per tab contains furosemide 20 mg and spironolactone 50 mg: 1-4 tabs/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of enlarged prostate, liver impairment, any allergy, dehydration, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy.
• It may lead to dehydration; consult with your healthcare provider before taking this medication.
• It may cause fatigue and dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Fluid and electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, nausea, diarrhea, blurred vision, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, low blood pressure, liver dysfunction, high blood sugar.
• Genitourinary : Excretion of glucose into the urine, rarely bone marrow depression, breast enlargement in males, excessive hairiness, hoarseness, menstrual irregularities, loss of libido, impotence.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!