This medication is an intravenous sedative-hypnotic agent, prescribed for monitored anesthesia care (MAC) to provide safe sedation for patients undergoing uncomfortable procedures and minor surgeries.
Contraindicated in pregnant women.
The dose is based on patient's condition and body weight.
Adult- IV- Initial : The recommended dose is bolus 6.5 mg/kg followed by supplemental doses of 1.6 mg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• It may cause respiratory depression, patients should be continuously monitored and provide proper ventilation for easy breathing.
• Only persons trained in the administration of general anesthesia should administer it.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with kidney or liver impairment, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Nausea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous system: Tingling and headache.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
• Skin: Itching.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature 25Â°C, and in an airtight container.