This medication is an oral non-steroidal antiandrogen, mainly prescribed for prostate cancer. The medication blocks the effect of androgen hormone and thereby inhibits the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with liver impairment; hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dosage is 2 capsules 3 times a day at 8-hour intervals for a total daily dose of 750 mg.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to take by mouth with or without food.
• This medication is meant only for men.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood diseases and who are taking anticoagulant drugs.
• It should not be given to pregnant women.
• Most Common:
Hot flashes, diarrhea, inflammation of urinary bladder/rectum, rectal bleeding, blood in urine, nausea and skin rash.
• Genitourinary: Loss of sexual drive, impotence, low sperm count and breast enlargement in male.
• Heart: High blood pressure.
• Central Nervous System: Drowsiness, confusion, depression, anxiety and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite and gastrointestinal disorders.
• Blood: Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets
• Liver: Liver inflammation and jaundice.
• Skin: Irritation at the injection site and rash.
• Miscellaneous: Swelling in extremities.
Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking while taking this medication.
Store it in refrigerator between 2 - 30Â°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!