This medication is an antifungal agent, prescribed for vaginal candidiasis, pneumonia, meningitis and fungal infections of the mouth, throat, liver, kidneys, heart, urinary tract and abdomen. It works by slowing the growth of fungi that cause infection.
PO- The recommended dose range is 50-400 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food once a day. It also comes as eye drops to instill into affected eyes.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of cancer, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), irregular heartbeat, heart, kidney or liver disease, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Rarely it may cause liver damage; monitor liver function tests regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Most Common : Headache, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion, dizziness and taste perversion.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (30Â°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All