This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent, prescribed for pain and relief from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. This medication reduces the action of the hormones that cause pain and inflammation.
Contraindicated in patients with kidney impairment, asthma and hypersensitivity.
Pain- The recommended adult dose for mild to moderate pain is 200 mg every 4-6 hours.
Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis- The recommended dose is 600 mg 3-4 times daily.
Maximum: 3200 mg daily.
It comes as a capsule and tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding problems, heart disease, blood vessel disease, liver or kidney disease, sugar, stomach problem, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Patient may experience stomach bleeding or ulcers; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• Avoid using aspirin while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Indigestion, nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Skin : Rash, increased sweating and itching.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness and headache.
• Eye: Blurred vision and decreased hearing.
• Heart : Palpitations.
• Miscellaneous : Fatigue, weakness and upper respiratory tract infection.
Monitor kidney function, complete blood cell counts and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!