This medication is a dopamine receptor agonist, prescribed for severe hypertension.
IV- The recommended lower initial dose is 0.03 to 0.1 mcg/kg/min. it may be titrated if needed.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver impairment, heart disease, decrease in potassium level, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Heart :
Low blood pressure, chest pain, slow heart rate, heart failure, heart attack and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Headache and fever.
• Skin : Flushing.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea.
• Genitourinary : Decreased urination.
• Blood : Bleeding, increase in white blood cells.
• Metabolic : Elevated BUN, LDH, serum glucose, and transaminase levels.
• Musculoskeletal : Limb cramp.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, upper respiratory disorder.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 2 to 30°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!