General Information on Famotidine and Ibuprofen
Generic Name : Famotidine and Ibuprofen
Pronunciation : fam OH ti deen and EYE bue PROE fen
Latest prescription information about Famotidine and Ibuprofen. Learn how to pronounce the drug's name, its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
ICD Code : Y45.4
Therapeutic Classification : Antirheumatics
Trade Names/Brand Names of Famotidine and Ibuprofen
Why is Famotidine and Ibuprofen Prescribed? (Indications)
This combination medication contains histamine blocker and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for relieving the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
When should Famotidine and Ibuprofen not be taken? (Contraindications)
Contraindicated in patients who have experienced asthma, urticaria, or allergic reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, perioperative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, late stages of pregnancy, and hypersensitivity.
What is the dosage of Famotidine and Ibuprofen?
Usual Adult Dose for Osteoarthritis: Famotidine-ibuprofen 26.6 mg-800 mg: 1 tablet orally 3 times daily.
Usual Adult Dose for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Famotidine-ibuprofen 26.6 mg-800 mg: 1 tablet orally 3 times daily.
How should Famotidine and Ibuprofen be taken?
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth.
What are the warnings and precautions for Famotidine and Ibuprofen?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of Crohn's disease, inflammatory bowel disease, intestinal ulcer, heart attack, stroke, blood clot, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, stomach ulcer, asthma, heart, liver or kidney disease, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), bleeding disorder, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause life-threatening heart or circulation problems in-case of long-term use. So avoid long-term use of this medication.
What are the side effects of Famotidine and Ibuprofen?
• Central Nervous system : Numbness, weakness, headache, confusion, vision problem, speech disorder, severe headache, tingling, seizures and blurred vision.
• Gastrointestinal : Black, bloody, or tarry stools, nausea, upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, stomach upset , vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation.
• Respiratory : Coughing up blood, trouble in breathing, shortness of breath.
• Metabolic : Rapid weight gain, jaundice.
• Skin : Increased sweating.
• Heart : Chest pain or discomfort, and rapid heart rate.
• Miscellaneous : Back pain, neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, less urination.
What are the other precautions for Famotidine and Ibuprofen?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Famotidine and Ibuprofen?
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
<>Schedule : H>Prescription drugs - Drugs to be sold only under the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner.