This medication is a loop diuretic, prescribed for fluid retention caused by heart, liver and severe kidney problems. It helps the kidney to get rid of unwanted water and salt from the body into the urine.
It should be discontinued if electrolyte imbalance, progressive kidney disease, decrease in urination occur during the treatment. Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose range is 50 to 200 mg daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, once or twice a day with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, gout or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of stomach bleeding; if you experience abdominal pain, burning sensation, weight changes, consult with your doctor immediately.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sensitivity to the sun.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Loss of appetite, uneasiness, abdominal discomfort or pain, difficulty in swallowing, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
• Metabolic : Reversible elevated uric acid and acute gout and decrease in blood sugar.
• Blood : Decrease in blood cell counts.
• Eye and ENT : Deafness, ringing in the ear, unsteadiness and blurred vision.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, fatigue, fearness and confusion.
• Miscellaneous : Skin rash, fever, chills and blood in urine.
Avoid excess dosage.
Keep this medication in the container it came in and out of the reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...
Water is essential to balance body fluids, boost brain function, improve digestion, prevent ...
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...View All