This medication is a female sex hormone, prescribed for severe vasomotor symptoms due to menopause, ovarian failure, osteoporosis, uterine bleeding, delayed puberty and prostate cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with history of abnormal vaginal bleeding, liver disease, circulation disorders, known or suspected breast cancer, pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV/IM/PO: The recommended dose range is 0.3 to 25mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food once a day. It also comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of endometriosis, uterine fibroids, asthma, migraine headaches, seizures, porphyria, very high or very low levels of calcium in blood, thyroid, liver, kidney, gallbladder or pancreatic disease, feminine characters in male, any allergy, elderly, who are taking other medications.
• Genitourinary :
Breast pain or tenderness, change in sexual desire, vaginal discharge, swelling, redness, burning, itching and irritation of the vagina.
• Gastrointestinal : Stomach upset, vomiting, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea and gas.
• Central Nervous System : Nervousness, depression, dizziness, tight muscles, weakness, tingling and movement disorders.
• Metabolic : Weight gain or loss and loss of appetite.
• Skin : Hair loss, unwanted hair growth and darkening of the skin.
• Musculoskeletal : Leg cramps and joint pain.
• Allergic Reactions : Rash, blisters, hives, itching, swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, throat, hands, arms, feet, ankles or lower legs, hoarseness, difficulty in breathing or swallowing.
• Miscellaneous : Sore throat, fever, chills, cough and other signs of infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Trichotillomania is a hair pulling disorder where a person urges to pull out hair from their scalp, ...
Dental Anxiety is kind of dental phobia where a person has a fear of going to dentist mainly due to ...
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...View All