This medication is a macrolide and sulfonamide antibiotic combination, prescribed for acute otitis media. This medication fights against the bacteria present in the body.
Contraindicated in newborns, pregnant and breastfeeding women and hypersensitivity.
Dose is based on patient's condition.
It comes as a liquid to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, any allergy, anemia, asthma, enzyme deficiency (G6PD), yellowing of the skin or eyes, intestinal inflammation, heart problems, fast or irregular heartbeat, who are taking other medications, and in elderly.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• It may aggravate weakness in patients with myasthenia gravis.
• Gastrointestinal :
Stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, stomach pain and sore throat.
• Heart : Palpitations and fast heart rate.
• Genitourinary : Increased levels of creatinine and BUN.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cells and platelets.
• Respiratory : Cough and difficulty in breathing.
• Allergic Reactions : Severe skin rash, itching, hives, difficulty breathing or swallowing and wheezing.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, joint pain, blood in urine, unusual bleeding or bruising, darkness of skin, weakness, chills, yellowing of the skin or eyes and tarry stools.
Avoid excess dosage.
Keep it in the refrigerator, and throw away any unused medication after 14 days. Do not freeze.
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All