This medication is an ergot derivative, prescribed for migraine headache with or without aura. It narrows blood vessels in the brain.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking CYP 3A4 inhibitors.
PO- 2mg of ergotamine tartrate (2 tablets) initially.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, to be placed under the tongue.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, heart problems, lung problems, high cholesterol, or diabetes, poor blood circulation, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Tingling, numbness, weakness and vertigo.
• Skin : Localized edema and itching.
• Heart : Fast heart rate or slow heart rate and high blood pressure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20°- 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!