This combination medication contains angiotensin II receptor blocker and diuretic, prescribed for high blood pressure. It works by preventing too much salt absorption and dilatation of blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria and hypersensitivity.
The usual recommended dose is 600 mg/12.5 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, diabetes, gout, heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure); liver, gallbladder, or kidney problems; high blood cholesterol or lipid levels; or systemic lupus erythematosus, low blood minerals, dehydration, alcoholism, sympathectomy, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or light-headedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Monitor kidney function, blood pressure, blood sugar and blood electrolytes regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, headache, back pain, fatigue, muscle pain, upper respiratory tract infection, sinusitis, viral infection.
• Body as a Whole : Alcohol intolerance, weakness, chest pain, fluid retention, facial swelling, fatigue, fever, hot flushes, influenza-like symptoms, injury, uneasiness, pain, rigors, viral infection.
• Heart : Slow heart rate, abnormal ECG, extrasystoles, atrial fibrillation, low blood pressure, fast heart rate, palpitations.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, indigestion, esophagitis, flatulence, gastritis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, nausea, periodontitis, toothache, vomiting.
• Blood : Anemia, bruising.
• Liver : Increased level of liver enzyme.
• Metabolic : Increased creatine phosphokinase, diabetes, gout, high blood cholesterol.
Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, joint inflammation, skeletal pain, tendon inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, incoordination, depression, dizziness, sleeplessness, migraine, nervousness, tingling, drowsiness, tremor, and fainting.
• Respiratory : Asthma, coughing, nose bleed, inflammation of pharynx, nose; upper respiratory tract infection.
• Skin : Eczema, itching, rash, increased sweating.
• ENT : Eye inflammation, abnormal vision, ringing in the ear, ear infection.
• Urinary : Albumin in urine, bladder inflammation, blood in urine, urination frequency, kidney stone, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection.
• Miscellaneous : Leg cramps, peripheralischemia.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!