This medication is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, prescribed for hypertension. It works by relaxing blood vessels.
PO- The usual recommended starting dose is 600 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart problems, blood vessel problems, poor blood circulation, kidney disease, sugar, stroke, dehydration, life-threatening allergic reactions, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause a serious life-threatening allergic reactions such as swelling of the hands, face, lips, eyes throat, or tongue; difficulty swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood electrolyte levels, and heart, kidney, or liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Viral infection, injury and fatigue.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : High blood cholesterol.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Central Nervous System : Depression.
• Respiratory : Upper respiratory tract infection, inflammation of nose, pharynx and increased cough.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20 - 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!