This medication is an antiretroviral agent, prescribed for HIV/AIDS. It works by decreasing the amount of HIV in the blood.
SC: Adult- The recommended dose is 90 mg (1 ml) twice daily.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider subcutaneously (under the skin).
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood clot or bleeding problems, smoking, lung disease, any allergy, during pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Do not use contaminated fluid of this medication.
• Avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles to prevent the spread of infection.
• ♦Patient may develop Immune Reconstitution Syndrome.
Pain/discomfort, in duration, redness, lesions, itching and scars.
• Genitourinary: Kidney failure/inflammation.
• Blood: Decrease in blood cells.
• Metabolic: Increased sugar level, infections and weight loss.
• Central Nervous System: Taste disturbances, paralysis and loss of reflexes, include numbness, weakness, burning pain, depression, anxiety and suicide attempt.
• Heart: Heart attack.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and dry mouth.
• Liver: Liver inflammation/damage
• Respiratory: Lung disease, respiratory distress and cough.
Monitor complete blood counts, liver and kidney function during the treatment.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!