This medication is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor and thiazide diuretic combination, prescribed for high blood pressure.
Contraindicated in patients with anuria, angioedema and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- HTN; CHF- Per tab contains enalapril maleate 10 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg: ½-1 tab/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, parathyroid, liver or kidney disease, lupus, sugar, any allergy, asthma, gout, angioedema, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause diarrhea or vomiting which leads to dehydration, drink enough fluid to avoid this problem.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of Dual Blockade of the Renin-Angiotensin System (RAS).
• Most frequent :
Dizziness, headache, fatigue, muscle cramps, weakness, impotence, diarrhea and increased cough.
• Body As A Whole : Fainting, chest pain and abdominal pain.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, palpitation and fast heart rate.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, indigestion, constipation, flatulence and dry mouth.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, nervousness, tingling, drowsiness and unsteadiness.
• Skin : Itching and rash.
• Miscellaneous : Difficulty in breathing, gout, back pain, joint pain, increased sweating, decreased sexual activity, ringing in the ear and urinary tract infection.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and protect it from moisture. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!