This combination medication contains 2 reverse transcriptase inhibitors, prescribed for HIV infection in adults and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older.
♦It should not be used in individuals with unknown or positive HIV-1 status.
One tablet (containing 200 mg of emtricitabine and 300 mg of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) once daily taken orally.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems, lactic acidosis, liver problems including HBV infection, osteoporosis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or light-headedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It does not stop spread of HIV infection to others; avoid sexual contact, sharing of needles, injection supplies, or items like toothbrushes or razors during treatment period.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, and bone mineral density regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
• General : Injection site reactions, fatigue.
• Infections : Sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infections, throat infection.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, psychiatric disorders, depression, sleeplessness.
• Skin : Rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...
Water is essential to balance body fluids, boost brain function, improve digestion, prevent ...
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...View All