This medication is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, prescribed for diagnosis of myasthenia gravis. It prevents the breakdown of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Contraindicated in patients with intestinal, urinary obstruction; and hypersensitivity.
Adults- IV- The recommended dose is 1 mL (10 mg) and prepared with an intravenous needle, and 0.2 mL (2 mg) is injected intravenously within 15 to 30 seconds.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, heart rhythm disorder, any allergy, and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Eye :
Increased tears, pupillary constriction, spasm of accommodation, double visionand conjunctival hyperemia.
• Central Nervous System : Convulsions, speech disorder, voice disorder and difficulty in understanding.
• Respiratory : Asthma, airway obstruction and central respiratory paralysis.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, low blood pressure and increased salivation.
• Gastrointestinal : Gastric and intestinal secretion, nausea, vomiting, increased peristalsis, diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
• Musculoskeletal : Weakness and muscle twitch.
• Miscellaneous : Increased urinary frequency and incontinence, increased sweating.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15°-30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!