This medication is a corticosteroid, prescribed for certain conditions associated with decreased adrenal gland function.
PO- The recommended dose range is 0.5 to 40mg/day.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, with food. It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney, intestinal or heart disease, diabetes, under active thyroid, high blood pressure, mental illness, myasthenia gravis, joint inflammation, eye infection, seizures, tuberculosis, ulcer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor blood glucose level in diabetic patients regularly while taking this medication.
• Allergic reactions :
Severe allergic reactions such as rash, hives, itching and trouble in breathing.
• Heart : Slow/fast heart rate, abnormal heart rhythm, poor blood circulation, heart enlargement, heart failure, blocks, high blood pressure, heart attack and fainting.
• Skin : Pimples, skin inflammation, redness, dry skin, impaired wound healing, and increased sweating.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal distention, elevation in serum liver enzyme levels, liver enlargement, increased appetite, nausea, inflammation of pancreas and ulcer.
• Metabolic : Fluid imbalance.
• Musculoskeletal : Cell death in thighbone, loss of muscle mass, muscle weakness, joint inflammation and vertebral compression fractures.
• Central Nervous System : Convulsions, depression, emotional instability, headache, sleeplessness, mood swings, nerve disease, tingling and personality changes.
• Eye : Increased eye pressure.
• Miscellaneous : Abnormal fat deposits, uneasiness and weight gain.
Avoid contact with people with infections.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All