This medication is a muscle relaxant, prescribed for certain types of spasticity or muscle spasms. It works by relaxing the muscles.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment.
Adult- Po- The recommended dose range is 25-100mg, orally in divided doses.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, lungs or liver problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderlyduring pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Gastrointestinal :
Constipation, GI bleeding, loss of appetite, difficulty in swallowing, gastric irritation, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting.
• Liver : Liver inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Speech disturbances, seizures, headache, lightheadedness, visual disturbances, double vision, alteration of taste and sleeplessness.
• Heart : Fast heart rate, erratic blood pressure and vein inflammation, heart failure .
• Psychiatric : Mental depression, mental confusion and nervousness.
• Genitourinary : Increased urinary frequency, blood in urine, difficult erection, urinary incontinence, difficult urination and/or urinary retention.
• Skin : Abnormal hair growth, acne-like rash, itching, hives, eruption and increased sweating.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain and backache.
• Respiratory : Feeling of suffocation and respiratory depression.
• Eye and ENT : Excessive tearing.
• Hypersensitivity : Lung infection.
♦ • Blood: Anemia, leukopenia, lymphocytic lymphoma, thrombocytopenia.
• Miscellaneous : Chills and fever.
Avoid excess dosage.
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed and out of the reach of children. Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!