This medication is an anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) inhibitor, prescribed for non-small cell lung cancer. It works by preventing the growth of cancer cells.
PO- The recommended dose is 250 mg twice daily.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, vision problems, abnormal heart rhythm, prolonged QT syndrome, electrolyte imbalance, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others.
• Rarely patient may develop with fatal inflammation of the lungs (pneumonitis) with the following symptoms: trouble in breathing, shortness of breath, cough, or fever. If it is so consult with your healthcare provider immediately.
• Most Common :
Pneumonia, hypoxia, ARDS, difficulty in breathing, lung inflammation, and lung bleeding.
• Eye : Vision disorder.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, esophageal disorder, abdominal pain, and mouth ulcer.
• General : Fluid retention, fatigue, and chest pain/discomfort, fever.
• Metabolic : Increase in liver enzyme, decreased appetite.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, back pain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, nerve disease, headache, taste disorder, sleeplessness.
• Respiratory : Cough.
• Skin : Rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20° to 25 °C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Pneumonitis usually refers to inflammation of lung tissue due to various non-infective causes such ...
Fremanezumab-vfrm is used as a preventive treatment for a migraine headache in adult patients. It ...
DOOR syndrome is a rare genetic disorder marked by deafness, short or absent fingernails, abnormal ...View All