This medication is a piperidine diuretic, prescribed for fluid retention. It reduces the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment, anuria (absence of urination), Addison's disease, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Edema- The recommended dose is 10-40 mg/day or on alternate days. HTN- The recommended dose is 5-10 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, kidney disease, anuria, gout, sugar, Addison disease, any allergy, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor electrolyte level and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Most Common :
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, blurred vision, dizziness and decrease in sexual interest.
• Miscellaneous : Muscle pain, muscle weakness, dry mouth, increased thirst, irregular heart beat and jaundice.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All