This medication is a piperidine diuretic, prescribed for fluid retention. It reduces the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment, anuria (absence of urination), Addison's disease, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- Edema- The recommended dose is 10-40 mg/day or on alternate days. HTN- The recommended dose is 5-10 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver disease, kidney disease, anuria, gout, sugar, Addison disease, any allergy, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor electrolyte level and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Most Common :
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, blurred vision, dizziness and decrease in sexual interest.
• Miscellaneous : Muscle pain, muscle weakness, dry mouth, increased thirst, irregular heart beat and jaundice.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...View All