This medication is an alpha agonist, prescribed for high blood pressure. By decreasing the level of certain chemicals in blood it lowers blood pressure.
The usual oral adult dose is 0.1mg twice daily initially. The maximum oral dose is 2.4 mg daily in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of stroke, recent heart attack, heart or kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal; withdraw gradually.
• Most Common :
Dry mouth, drowsiness, fatigue, headache, lethargy, sedation, sleeplessness, dizziness, impotence/sexual dysfunction, dry throat, constipation, tingling, nausea and vomiting.
• Body as a Whole : Fever, uneasiness, weakness, pallor and withdrawal syndrome.
• Heart : Congestive heart failure, stroke, slow/fast heart rate, chest pain, fainting, high blood pressure and palpitations.
• Central Nervous System : Sudden severe confusion, mental depression, hallucinations, localized numbness, abnormal dreams, restlessness, anxiety, agitation, irritability and other behavioral changes.
• Skin : Angioneurotic edema, rash, hives, itching, hair loss and pigmentation.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, salivary gland pain
• Genitourinary : Difficulty in urination.
• Metabolic : Breast enlargement in males and weight gain.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle or joint pain and leg cramps.
• Eye : Blurred vision, decreased lacrimation and burning of eyes.
Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Store it at room temperature, and out of the reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All