This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections, including infections of the lungs, skin, blood, female reproductive organs and internal organs. It slows or stops the growth of bacteria.
Oral- The recommended dose range is 150 to 300mg two times per day. IV- The recommended dose range is 200 to 600 mg three times per day.
Topical: Apply the cream over the affected area as directed by your physician.
It comes as a capsule and liquid to take by mouth, with or without food. Granules should be taken with food.It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein. It also comes as skin preparations to apply topically.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, sensitive skin, diarrhea, kidney or liver disease, GI disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Take full course of treatment.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function and complete blood cell counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, inflammation of intestine/esophagus, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Hypersensitivity : Rash and hives.
• Skin : Itching and vaginal inflammation.
• Liver : Jaundice and abnormal liver function tests.
• Genitourinary : BUN (blood urea nitrogen) , protein in urine and absence of urine.
• Blood : Eosinophilia and decreased white blood cells.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!